John Gibson's Son Rye Whiskey

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

John Gibson's Son Rye Whiskey

Unread postby dcbuzz » Mon May 11, 2009 12:26 pm

I have come into possession of a bottle of John Gibson's Son rye. Brewed 1914, bottled 1920, just before they went out of business - prohibition, no doubt. The seal seems to be intact, but I'm not really sure.
Anyone interested in this item? Might be worth something to someone. Where would I find someone who might be interested in this? I'm new to forums, etc,.
Last edited by dcbuzz on Mon May 11, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dcbuzz

Re: John Gibson's Son Rye Whiskey

Unread postby dcbuzz » Mon May 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks for your input. I'll try to get a pic up soon. Unfortunately, the label has suffered over the years. It's quite dark and hard to read. But, it is nearly 100 years old. My research indicates that John Gibson's Son Distillery was exclusively in the Rye business. It's funny reading the label. References like, "for medicinal purposes only . . may be fined otherwise . . etc. I'll try to get a good read on the label. It will make for interesting and entertaining reading.
dcbuzz

Re: John Gibson's Son Rye Whiskey

Unread postby robotfromlostinspace » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:52 am

I just found a similar bottle made in 1914 and bottled in 1919. I hope you've opened it by now as it's delicious! I would rather enjoy and share than make a few bucks!!!
robotfromlostinspace

Return to Collector's Corner