I W Harper 15yr what should I expect?

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

I W Harper 15yr what should I expect?

Unread postby dnsouthky » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:38 pm

I found a bottle of I W Harper 15yr it says ---The Bourbon Heritage Collection----distilled by I W Harper Distilling Company Louisville KY--- The top seems to be black plastic and the neck is covered in black plastic not wax----- but it feels like their may be wax under the plastic in the area were the bottle seals --- its 80 proof ---its a 750 ml bottle --UPC 88076 007 10 === paid $26.99 for it. Does this tell anyone enough to tell me about how old it is or anything else about it? Was the price in line? What should I expect when I open it? Seems to be full well into the neck but I cant really tell much about it because the plastic runs all the way down to the main bottle.
Remember even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then. ----- I just hope to live my life as happy as a blind hog and find my own acorn every now and then.
dnsouthky

Re: I W Harper 15yr what should I expect?

Unread postby bunghole » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:10 pm

That is the very best 80 proofer you will ever drink!

Many thanks to Angleshare for allowing me a taste of this hard to get - yet wonderful bourbon!

Buy all that you can get!

Don't look back.

:arrow: Linn :angel7:
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Re: I W Harper 15yr what should I expect?

Unread postby dnsouthky » Sun May 10, 2009 2:45 pm

After what you both said of bourbon and the fact I cant find another bottle for a back up after reading your post. I have decided to save it for something special. I dont know why but I hate to open my better bottles for no reason except to have my once a day. lol once they are open I don't have a problem finishing them ---- just opening them. I guess I like someone one else to enjoy them also when I open one of my better bottles. When I bought it I didn't realize it was out of production only that I hadn't seen it in a long while and had never bought it before. To tell the truth I was kind of wondering about it since it was a 15yr old bourbon for $26.99 even if it was only an 80 proofer.

Thank you both for taking the time to fill me in that this is something special. Now I have a better idea of what to expect. Something special and that I sould treat it as a #1 bourbon and not just something different I found to try out for a change.
Remember even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then. ----- I just hope to live my life as happy as a blind hog and find my own acorn every now and then.
dnsouthky

Return to Collector's Corner