1953 Personalized Old Forester 100 proof

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

1953 Personalized Old Forester 100 proof

Unread postby LostInTranslation » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:48 pm

So I bought this bottle at a garage sale, for let's just say, veeeerrrryyyy cheap. It says Old Forester Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey 100 proof, Made in spring of 1953 and bottled in fall of 1960. It has never been opened, has all the seals still attached and shows no sign of evap at all. Has a personalized serial number on it. Which is weird because I found other information suggesting there should be a name on the back side for the personalization. However, every other bottle I've seen doesn't have the serial number like mine. Serial # JC 52895. So now that is out of the way, the reason I signed up to this site is because I want to get rid of the bottle before it falls off my closet shelf. I do not wish to drink it because I don't think I would enjoy it for what it is. My questions are, where does one go to sell something like this, and where does one go to find out more info? Any help would be greatly appreciated. And before I get bashed for trying to get money, like I have seen other people treated on other posts, I don't look to get rich from this bottle. I figure this would be a good place to rid of a bottle that might be enjoyed by someone who appreciates it for what it is.
blaqkoxygen@live.com
Attachments
IMG00096-20090404-2250.jpg
IMG00096-20090404-2250.jpg (125.91 KiB) Viewed 2535 times
LostInTranslation

Return to Collector's Corner