Frost 8/80

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Frost 8/80

Unread postby Kelvisan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:09 pm

I have two bottles (fifths) of Frost 8/80. They are unopened and in pristine condition. Does anyone know if they are of value and if so, how much would they be worth as a collector's item.
Kelvisan

Re: Frost 8/80

Unread postby cowdery » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:01 pm

All of the explanations in the sticky notes apply, nothing more to say. Maybe there's a Frost/Nixon tie-in to be made.

Frost 8/80 was considered a disaster by the company that produced it. I've never heard of anyone wanting a bottle of the stuff, but good luck.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Re: Frost 8/80

Unread postby cowdery » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:39 am

mozilla wrote:Frost 8/80 while labeled by Brown Foreman....was actually produced by Publicker in Pa.

The whiskey was actually distilled by Publicker but I think BF performed the stripping, but I may be remembering it wrong. I do remember that Publicker had a role in it.

When I was doing work at Brown-Forman 25 years ago, there were still people around who had worked there then. They always mentioned Frost in hushed tones, like just saying it out loud would bring retribution.

I know we've discussed it before. Veach knows a lot about it. I'm sure a search would yield some information. (Hint, hint. The site has a very good search function.)

All vagaries of whiskey collecting conceded, a person would have to be obsessed about having absolutely everything to want a bottle of Frost.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Return to Collector's Corner