Pre-1923 Early Times Distillery Plaque

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Re: Pre-1923 Early Times Distillery Plaque

Unread postby independant » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:29 pm

Post like this drive me crazy. Someone will ask a quetion and the knowledgable members on here will answer the best they can and there is no end game. No matter if it is a bottle or a sign or whatever. Damnit I want to know what happened to whatever it is. Did they sell it, donate it or drink it. I just want to know.

Oh well I guess I should just stop readind these types of threads.
independant

Unread postby reclaimed » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:55 pm

I have the following plaque and am looking for a value for I do not know what to ask for it. Also, I need to know the best avenue to sell for it. It seems to be made of fiberglass or resin. I understand it to be pre-1933. All help is appreciated.
reclaimed

Unread postby bourbonv » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Reclaimed,
Can you read? It says right on the frame that you have a replica of an earlier advertising piece and to be honest with you, not a very good replica. It looks to be from the 1970s and is probably worth about $50.00, if you can find someone to pay that much.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby cowdery » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:41 am

In this version the figures have not only been deracinated, they look like weebles.

Posters of this sort of thing should also know that most of the people here are not generally into memorabilia. We're into whiskey.

It doesn't bother me that we rarely get closure when these things are posted. I don't expect it. The posters aren't part of our community and don't intend to be. They're just hoping to get some free information.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Unread postby cowdery » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:21 am

Say what you will about the government, but the rule that anything below 80 proof must be labeled "diluted" is the only thing keeping them from going even lower.
- Chuck Cowdery

cowdery

Unread postby boo235 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:16 pm

Hello all just an update I do still have this plaque for sale or trade. I have all paper work to verfy that it is an orignal pre 1923. If anyone is intrested or knows someone please let me know. Also the replicas are to be worth $50.00 to $200.00 that is what Brown-Foreman told me and all appraisers have said the same was to many made.
boo235

Unread postby cowdery » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:45 pm

If I have not said this before I will here. You're really in the wrong place with this. Most of the members of this board don't care about this sort of thing except very peripherally. It's not our thing. We're mostly about the whiskey itself, not the souvenirs.
- Chuck Cowdery

cowdery

Unread postby tjnowak1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Oh wow, where do I begin...

My father had one of these 3-D portraits, like the one 'texascans' has. When I was probably 5yrs old I broke it... and have always wanted to replace it, as it was passed down from his father. I have not really looked very hard, but I am interested in replacing it for him. His was a replica and not an original, but I suppose I might be interested in an original if the price was right. I do have a picture of what my father had which was taken in 1984 on a polaroid camera which I will attach. Does anyone that had one for sale still have it for sale? Sorry 'reclaimed,' but not exactly interested in yours, it looks like it was repainted maybe, and a little bit too cartoonish. Otherwise would anyone know where I might be able to get ahold of one? Not sure how often I will check this thread, but any help from anyone on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Attached below is some contact info incase anyone would have an idea for me. Thanks to all!
Blessings,
Tom Nowak
414-737-2180
thomas.nowak@cuw.edu or
skr22s@hotmail.com
tjnowak1

Unread postby tjnowak1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:56 pm

here is a link to the image incase it did not upload properly
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 8677_n.jpg
tjnowak1

Unread postby Donna » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:12 am

Hello everyone,

I own an original Early times distillery plaque and I am curious what the value of it is as well. Can anyone provide me with what the value of the actual ORIGINAL plaque would sell for today? I know it is the original.
Donna

Unread postby emr454 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Its probably not worth any more than a current bottling of Early Times whiskey, maybe $10? See the above posts and you will get the same answer given to everyone else with a question like this.

Eric
emr454

Unread postby cowdery » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:38 pm

This would be a better world if people would just read the threads before posting.
- Chuck Cowdery

cowdery

Unread postby Diana 1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:27 am

I have an antique wall plaque.. made of hand carved wood. Early times ( the best shot in the west.. kentucky straight bourban 86 proof. Early Times Distillery co..Louisville Kentucky... This is all wood 3d western 3D wood carving wall plaque. The scene is a horse & buggy with two cowboys , one is in the drivers seat holding the horses rains and the other cowboy is shooting a rifle behind him. The information I can come close to is that An original wall plaque pre-1923 were made out of all wood. Mine is.. No reproduction of plaster. This could be a rare find and would be for sale.
Diana 1

Unread postby Diana 1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 am

boo235 wrote:Yes I do have pics of this. And I need to see where I am at with it really fair deal but make a little to. The plaque does have the nelson co. kentucky stamped on it. Like I said early times has seen it to verify that it is an orignal.

How did you get ahold of the company and who did you talk with. I have a all wooden wal plaque with a horse and buggy western 3d scene w/ two cowboys on it with riffles.
Diana 1

Unread postby Diana 1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:39 am

Any one ever seen this plaque before. This is made of all wood.. not plaster, like the reproductions. Any idea of it's value?
Diana 1

Previous

Return to Collector's Corner