Michter's Queen Nefertiti (1979) miniature decanter

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Michter's Queen Nefertiti (1979) miniature decanter

Unread postby AussieSteve » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:29 am

Hi,
As my username suggests, I am from Sydney, Australia and come upon your site by chance this evening. I'm not sure how this site works and not even sure if it is an appropriate forum for the question which I have. I guess I will find out soon enough!
I am a collector of miniature spirit bottles and have recently purchased a couple of Michter's 'King Tut' (1978) miniature decanters which arrived today from the US. These are in near new condition and in their boxes was a small slip inviting the purchaser to join the 'Michter's Collectors Club.' Now I assumed that this also was of 1978 vintage and not knowing the history of the Distillery, I did a Google search which brought up this website and a brief history of Michter's by Sam Komlenic who I belive is part of your organisation.
The reason for my contact is that for some time I have been trying to acquire a Michter's Queen Nefertiti (1979) miniature decanter of the same series and all of my leads so far have drawn a blank. It would appear that they are much rarer than the King Tut - after searching on eBay for some time, I have not seen one up for auction.
Is it possible that anyone in this organisation can offer me a lead? Thanks for listening to this sad story!
Steve
AussieSteve

Re: Michter's Queen Nefertiti (1979) miniature decanter

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:34 am

Steve,
I have only ever seen the large queen decanters and even they are more rare than the King Tut. Good luck with your search.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby PaulO » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:30 am

I remember the King Tut craze back then when his treasure toured the U.S. I was in grammar school then. There were Tut souvineers of all kinds, but I never saw the Michters bottles. Keep looking and check out some of the sites for bottle and glass collectors. If you can't find Nefertiti, Jim Beam came out with two different Cleopatara bottles in the Egyptian style around 1963. I found one years ago at a garage sale. The two variations of the Cleopatara decanter are that one has a red background painted on, the other is the same except a yellow background. I'm not trying to sell mine, but they turn up with Beam collectors. Maybe check with the Beam decanter collectors and see if they have seen the Michters stuff.
PaulO

Unread postby Graz03 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Steve;
I don't know if you have found a Queen Nefertiti yet but I do have one.
Let me know if you have an interest.
Frank
Graz03

Unread postby tmckenzie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 pm

I have drank, all of, a Michter's king tut. It was very good stuff.
tmckenzie

Unread postby ethangsmith » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:29 pm

In addition to the rare Nefertiti, there is also a 50ml size Goddess Selket (which also comes in the 750ml and 1.75L sizes like the rest of the series!). The appear time to time on EBay. I collect Michter's and will keep an eye out for one.
If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.
ethangsmith

Return to Collector's Corner