Old Bottle of Rye Whiskey from 1913

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Old Bottle of Rye Whiskey from 1913

Unread postby gramps » Sat May 31, 2008 4:09 pm

We have discovered a sealed bottle of Old quality Rye [bottled in bond] Whiskey. The seal says it was made in Fall 1913 at the W.P Squibb and Company Distillers and it was bottled in the Spring of 1919 for Flegenheimer Brothers, New York.
The liquid does not quite reach the neck of the bottle, apparently because of evaporation, for the cork and seal are undisturbed.
Could you let us know if this is a valuable item, and if so how we might sell it?
gramps

Re: Old Bottle of Rye Whiskey from 1913

Unread postby cowdery » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:38 pm

The answer pretty much is here, which is a link to the sticky note at the top of this page, entitled "How Much Is Your Bottle Worth."

We get inquiries like this all the time and the thing people have the most trouble with is the vagueness of the answer. People react as if they think we know "the answer" but are holding out on them. What we can say is that when interesting bottles do appear somewhere like eBay, a big sale is in the high hundreds of dollars. I would expect a pre-Prohibition bottling to sell for $400 to $600.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Re: Old Bottle of Rye Whiskey from 1913

Unread postby Dump Bucket » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:32 pm

Drink it and post your notes... I would love to hear your thoughts... I'll take 50ml if you have extra :mrgreen:
"What I do I do because I like to do." Alex DeLarge ACWO
Dump Bucket
Bourbon Head
Bourbon Head

Return to Collector's Corner