Makers Mark Black Label

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Makers Mark Black Label

Unread postby ngwilson09 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:26 pm

First time on this website and was just looking for information on this bottle since I don't know much about it, any info would be greatly appreciated. I received it from a friend still sealed, has what looks to be Japanese writing on it, Black label 47.5% alc. I am currently saving up to buy an engagement ring and was wondering if it would be worth anything since he told me its a collectible.

Thanks
ngwilson09

Re: Makers Mark Black Label

Unread postby Squire » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Hey ngwilson, you're welcome to drop by. The bottle you have was a bit higher proof, slightly richer version of the standard 90 proof Makers Mark on sale here in the US. The black label was a Japan only export although a few made their way back here. Not rare by any means and not collectable for that reason, which is not to say it wouldn't be desirable to a Makers fan who wanted to drink it. Value may be twice the current retail of a bottle of Makers, depending on market conditions, which would not be enough for an engagement ring so I suggest you keep it, drink it, or use it as a special gift to someone in the future.

I should mention though it is illegal in every jurisdiction in this Country to sell liquor except through a licensed dealer, so there's that to think about as well.
Squire

Return to Collector's Corner