Mount Vernon Straight Rye Wiskey

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Mount Vernon Straight Rye Wiskey

Unread postby Tyroneshues » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:36 am

I have come across a one quart bottle of Mount Vernon Straight Rye Whiskey. This bottle has been opened is aprox. 3/4 full. The cap seal is partially obliterated, best I can guess is made in spring 192_, bottled in fall 1933. It is a flask type bottle (not square or round) label reads "Mount Vernon Brand Straight Rye Whiskey Bottled in Bond under Supervision of the U.S Government One Quart 100 proof Distilled by Gwynnbrook Company, Gwynnbrook, Md. The American Medicinal Spirits Company Incorporated" I have photos of this bottle, but do not know how to attach to this post. The labels (front and back) are in very good condition. The bottle measures 10" tall. I would love to hear from anyone with information or comments concerning this bottle of whiskey. I came upon it after moving my mother into a retirement community. She said that the bottle was in the house (which she has moved from) when she had originally moved in, left behind be from the friend she bought from.
Tyroneshues

Re: Mount Vernon Straight Rye Wiskey

Unread postby WhiskeyCollector » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:41 pm

You can post photos by selecting "Upload Attachment" below. Sounds like a nice prohibition era bottle but unfortunately being opened it's worth the same as an empty bottle since there's no way to prove it has the original contents.
Old empty whiskey bottles sell on ebay all the time and it's a good place to check what others have sold for.
WhiskeyCollector

Return to Collector's Corner