Old Hermitage

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:49 am

From the looks of your bottles, without having actually examined the bottles and labels up close for myself, I would say the Cyrus Noble, Old Crow and Old Hermitage are all pre-prohibition bottles. The Glenmore looks to be from right after prohibition. This is a nice collection of whiskey. If you open them, I would love to see tasting notes if you care to post them. I suspect the Old Crow and Hermitage will be outstanding drinks of whiskey.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby susanandluke » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:30 pm

Thank you very much for the feedback. Since there doesn't seem to be a market for them, I think I'll have to invite some of my whiskey drinking friends (since I am not) over to open one of the bottles. I think I'll save the others. I will let you know the feedback. Thanks again.
susanandluke

Unread postby bourbonv » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:20 am

I am sure your friends who enjoy bourbon will greatly appreciate your generosity of sharing your old bourbon. After a drink or two, you may gain a greater appreciation for bourbon. After my recent experience with an Old Crow BinB from 1973, I would be most interested the taste of the bottle you have. I expect it will be quite superior.
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby susanandluke » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:20 pm

Thank you very much for the feedback. I didin't mean to imply that I wouldn't also drink the Bourbon, as I will, who couldn't with something so spectacularly old. I will just make sure I have some friends with me who know what they're drinking to help form a proper appreciation.
susanandluke

Unread postby bourbonv » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:54 am

I am sorry. I did not mean to imply that you did not like bourbon, but that after you drink these bourbons, you might gain a greater enthusiam for bourbon and want to explore further. These product will probably open some doors and make you very curious to how other products taste. In the past Older bourbons like these have made other people re-think how much they like bourbon, making them want to expand there horizons so to speak. In any case you will have some very lucky friends.
Mike Veach
bourbonv

Previous

Return to Collector's Corner