5 unopned bottles for Jim Beam from the 70's

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

5 unopned bottles for Jim Beam from the 70's

Unread postby brownfamily » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:33 pm

I have 5 of these bottles and wanted to see if they are worth anything at all and if I could even open one up and drink it? They have been stored in a basement since the 70's and have just now made a car to my home. Three of the bottles have fish on them. Trout, Bass, and Marlin. The other has the name of Frederic Remington with a man on a horse and says it is 10 years old from 1979. If that is true and I am looking a bottle of bourbon that is 42 years old. That is really cool! The other is a Tiffany Jim Beam Poodle Decanter I think is 1971. All are unopened. Here is a link to see a photo of them. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee13 ... 1/BEAM.jpg
brownfamily

Re: 5 unopned bottles for Jim Beam from the 70's

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:57 pm

These were quite common in the 70's. They don't bring too much on E-Bay so I suggest you drink them. The bourbon inside IMO is better that what you can buy from Beam today.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby vince » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:11 pm

I have one of the bass bottles and I agree with Joe, they don't fetch much on ebay . I opened mine and am really enjoying the bourbon inside. It is much fuller and more complex than the current Jim Beam Black IMO.
vince

Unread postby brownfamily » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Thanks! I thought maybe because they where not open one of them would be worth saving. I am going to start with the marlin and save the horse for when my son graduates one day!
brownfamily

Unread postby FreshBoat » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:47 pm

BrownFamily.... If you haven't opened any of these yet, I'd be happy to negotiate a price. We had these bottles unopened and recently broke the entire collection. I'm interested in the marlin and bass one I think (one is blue and one is white.)

Thank you in advance.
FreshBoat

Unread postby brownfamily » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:35 am

Anyone want to buy these? I posted this almost 6 years ago. I opens the marlins bottle soon after this post. I then quit drinking. Haven't had a drink since since oct 2011. Just make me an offer
brownfamily

Return to Collector's Corner