Dusties from a hoarder house

Have an old/rare bottle you'd like some more info on?

Moderator: Squire

Dusties from a hoarder house

Unread postby citydweller » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi kids, long time no see, I know, although you've converted me to a full-time bourbon guy with scotch on the side once and again.

I just finished 2 months of filthy, exhausting and exciting cleaning out an old Victorian home occupied by the same family since 1914. A few very cool dusties popped up and I wanted to share the finds. No photos yet, but possibly tomorrow. Meanwhile I couldn't hold my breath.

- Fleishmann's Distilled Gin, circa 1938 I think, 4/5 quart, 90 proof, Federal re-use warning, clean, sealed and full to shoulder, screw cap.

- Three Feathers "Pre-War" Whiskey, circa 1945, 4/5 quart, 86 proof, Federal re-use warning, clean, sealed and full to shoulder, cork top.

- Park & Tilford Reserve Whiskey - A Blend, probably 1940's, 4/5 quart, 86.8 proof, Federal re-use warning, clean, sealed and full to shoulder, cork top.

And the grooviest one of the bunch...

Old Overholt Straight Rye Whiskey, Bottled In Bond 1943 (can't make out cask date), 4/5 quart, 100 proof, Federal re-use warning, super clean, sealed and full to shoulder, cork top.

Now I feel better, as I hadn't told anyone byt my wife about these yet. Stay tuned for photos...
citydweller

Re: Dusties from a hoarder house

Unread postby Dump Bucket » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:17 am

Nice list. Get them all. Those are some nice finds!
"What I do I do because I like to do." Alex DeLarge ACWO
Dump Bucket
Bourbon Head
Bourbon Head

Unread postby citydweller » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:41 pm

All are available, for the right offer... as much as I'd like to keep and drink the whiskies I can't afford the luxury. Details and photos are in separate threads in this forum.
citydweller

Unread postby CCaiazzo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi, I have a music box Park and Tilford whiskey bottle and I would love to give it as a gift with a full bottle. Do you have this bottle available?
Thank you for your time and happy holidays.
CCaiazzo

Return to Collector's Corner