Beer lovers, where are you?

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Beer lovers, where are you?

Unread postby earlytimesordie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:08 am

I LOVE BEER. IT HAS COST ME MOST OF MY RELATIONSHIPS IN LIFE WITH THE OPPOSITE GENDER, BUT IT HAS ALSO CAUSED ALL OF THE RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE OPPOSITE GENDER. I LIKE TO DRINK STROHS BEER BECAUSE IT IS CHEAP AND DAMN GOOD. I LIKE TO CHASE MY EARLY TIMES WITH STROHS AND A GOLD COAST CIGARETTE. I HAVE A TATTOO OF JAMES HETFIELD ON MY LEFT BICEP AND RONNIE VAN ZANT ON MY RIGHT. SO YOU KNOW IM AMERICAN. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND DRINK STROH'S BEER!
earlytimesordie

Unread postby ebo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:37 pm

well,, besides whisk(e)y... I LOVE beer.

I drink more beer than bourbon or scotch, because, well... I can!

I don't care for what I call domestic swill...Budweiser, Coors, Busch, Michelobe, and the like... other than for the sake of getting drunk, or just wetting my whistle after a day of work.

I prefer micro brews. I live in N.E. Ohio, so I have access to all of the Great Lakes Brewing Co. offerings. My favorite from them is their Christmas Ale. I also like the Nosferatu Ale and the Blackout Stout. I like most Samuel Adams products, and most Sierra Nervada products. One of my all timE Favorites is Old Nick Barleywine Style. There are really way too many beers, stouts, and ales to do justice to them in one post... :mrgreen:
ebo

Unread postby RobotAZ » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:20 am

I don't stick with anything for long, but I do have some consistent favorites. I prefer American microbrews. Anything Rogue is excellent. My favorites are: Hazelnut Brown, Shakespeare Stout, and Dead Guy. I also have an infatuation with Bell's ales. My favorites are: Two Hearted Ale and Kalamazoo Stout.

Recent loves: KY Bourbon Barrel Ale, Founder's Centennial IPA, Young's Chocolate Stout, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Unibroue Ephemere, Anchor Porter, Fuller's ESB, Bluegrass Brewing's Jefferson Bourbon Barrel Stout. Man I could go on forever. I love almost every one I've ever tried! :drunken:

United we stand, divided we fall.

Unread postby ebo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:17 pm

I like most of the Samuel Adams offerings. I very much like the offerings from Great Lakes Brewing co. in Cleveland, Oh. Love their Nosferatu Ale and Blackout Stout. I'm a huge fan of the Barleywine style... especially Old Nick. Lager, Ale or Stout... I like it all. :mrgreen:
ebo

Unread postby RobotAZ » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:49 am

ebo wrote:I like most of the Samuel Adams offerings. I very much like the offerings from Great Lakes Brewing co. in Cleveland, Oh. Love their Nosferatu Ale and Blackout Stout. I'm a huge fan of the Barleywine style... especially Old Nick. Lager, Ale or Stout... I like it all. :mrgreen:

yeah, Great Lakes is pretty good stuff. Have you had Bell's brewery stuff? It's even better than GL.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Unread postby ggilbertva » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Ok, gonna bump this thread since it's been idle for 10 months. Does no one drink beer?

I've recently become very interested in craft beers. I've taken a liking to Ales and just recently picked up:

Terrapin Sunray
Andelot Cuvee Mystique
Chimay Red
Three Philosophers
Rare Vos
Brooklyn Local 2
Maredsous Belgian Ale
Widmer Brothers Reserve Doublebock and Prickly Pear

I had an '09 release of the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and it was superb. I'll be picking up a case in November when it's released this year. Couple others I may pick up this weekend; Gulden Draak and St. Bernardus ABT 12. I was so focused on bourbon for so long, I neglected to notice that there are some really great craft/import beers on the market.
ggilbertva

Unread postby Brewer » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Brooklyn Dark Chocolate Stout is always a good beer. Strong too. Try to save some to savor over the years. It only gets better with age.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby delaware_phoenix » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Om yes Ommegang! I live near there (Cooperstown) and they are my fave. Tonight had a Three Philosophers.
:drunken:
Cheryl Lins - Proprietor and distiller, Delaware Phoenix Distillery, Walton, NY
delaware_phoenix

Unread postby ggilbertva » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 pm

I'm sipping on some Ommegang as I type. Delicious. Bob, as I said, I'm going to pick up a case (maybe two depending on price) and lay them down to age. What I want to do is gather up some of the stronger ales and age them so I'm slowly figuring out what I like and stocking up. My friend who poured me the Choco Stout has previous years in his basement and said the same thing; they get better with age.
ggilbertva

Unread postby ggilbertva » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:19 am

Last night I picked up and enjoyed Gulden Draak. A little pricey and I think I like the Ommegang Abbey Ale better.
ggilbertva

Unread postby PaulO » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:24 am

I picked up some Stockyard Oatmeal Stout, and several sixes of different Trader Joes beers that they have made for them. Their wheat beers are very good, if you like that style. Later today a local Octoberfest festival. Tomorrow football. :D
PaulO

Unread postby ggilbertva » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:48 pm

Over the weekend I didn't get the chance to drink any beer but I did buy some. Via post I received some Ry(e)an Ale which is Smuttynose aged in used HH bourbon barrels. Also picked up St. Bernardus ABT 12 and Maredsous Double.
ggilbertva

Unread postby Brewer » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:28 pm

As my beer bunker is over-weighted in heavy, dark cold weather ales, I wanted to get a Pale Ale to enjoy. Picked up Saranac's Pale Ale, and I have to say I'm disappointed in its flavor. I should've gone with the Sierra Nevada! :(
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby bunghole » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:44 pm

ima drank a beer last week. ima hopes everyone is effen happy. It was a Saint Pauli Girl Special Dark. ima liked it.
"A Kind Word Never Broke A Tooth."
bunghole

Unread postby ggilbertva » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Celebrating yet another birthday, I enjoyed a Blue Moon Seasonal Pumpkin, Ry(e)an Ale and a Terrapin Sunray.
ggilbertva

PreviousNext

Return to What Ales You