Beer lovers, where are you?

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Beer lovers, where are you?

Unread postby stresssolutions » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:42 pm

I like beer, like it a lot. But I don't like what I used to like, don't like it at all. I used to like Miller Lite, my brother gave me grief over that...called it dog piss. Which it is.

What I currently really like I can't get here in MN...I have to go to WI to get it....New Glarus has a bunch of great beers, but they only sell it in WI!

I also really like some beers I had in Boston, Harpoon, and Boston Beer Works have great offerings.

When we go someplace new to eat, I'm sure the waitstaff hate me, because I always ask: "what do you have on tap that is interesting?" Way too often they reply: Bud, Bud light, Coors lite, blah blah, Sam Adams, etc so on. Sometimes they are smart and just name the interesting stuff.
Living life one day at a time...
Mick
stresssolutions

Unread postby Wild_Breed » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:28 pm

I am definitely a beer lover. In fact, this coming weekend is a momentous event in Munster, IN and I am lucky enough to be attending. Dark Lord Day is a day where the Three Floyd's brewery have their annual release of their big Russian Imperial Stout called Dark Lord. It won't be able to be bought in stores and it is released on only one day a year, the last Saturday in April. It's considered to be one of the greatest beers in the world by many and is sought after by many but is enjoyed by few. This day has evolved into a festival of sorts where bands come, food vendors, and many many guest breweries across the country come and put their taps on display for attendees to enjoy. I've been an avid beer drinker for several years now, have had some very rare and hard to come by bees, but have not had the pleasure of attending this event or trying Dark Lord. Needless to say, I'm all smiles and can not wait to pour that black viscuous elixir down my throat. We have a pre DLD tasting to attend on Friday night with a crew from all over so there will be many beers I've not tried due to distribution and am thrilled! Can't wait!
Wild_Breed

Unread postby Elin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:34 am

My favorite beer is Tutankhamun Ale and I love to drink it,
But it is very expensive and I have to drink it once a while.
Elin

Unread postby ebo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:23 pm

I'm a big fan of Bock Beer. I'm a big fan of Great Lakes Brewing Co. I finally found a four pack of Great Lakes Dopple Rocker. This stuff is very good!
ebo

Unread postby raul » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:19 pm

I like my beer, I am a real fan of dunkel, but has anyone else noticed that when this wonderful drink is put into a BOTTLE IT GETS REALLY skunky?
raul

Unread postby Wasatch » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:41 pm

I'm also a big beer lover here.

Cheers!
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby Wasatch » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Having a Deschutes The Stoic today.

Cheers!
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby brewmandan » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:24 am

beer lover right here! i'm a big fan of oktoberfest beers. of course, that only being a seasonal style, i'll usually go for bocks other times of the year. good thing about being a homebrewer is that i can brew up a batch of oktoberfest when i have a hankering for it.
brewmandan

Unread postby Wasatch » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Having a Firestone Walker 15th Annv. today first new brew of 2012.
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:50 pm

There is a local microbrewery here called Browning's Brew Pub. They make a beer I like very much called Helles.

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby Bourbon HQ » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:53 pm

By the way, Helles is one of life's great gastronomic pleasures!

Gayle
Bourbon HQ

Unread postby Wasatch » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Having a Squatters Big Cottonwood, a very tasty amber ale.
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby Befallen_Soul87 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:30 pm

I'm going to have to get in on this conversation as well. After all, beer is where I got my start in sampling adult beverages.

While I am obviously not as well versed as the rest of you. I do enjoy Rolling Rock (usually with buffalo wings, or on a hot Summer afternoon), Blue Moon, Killian's Irish Red and Smithwick's. There also is a micro brewery near my hometown by the name of Mad Anthony's. They have somewhere around 20 or 30 different beers on tap as well as a selection of Seasonal Brews.
Befallen_Soul87

Unread postby Wasatch » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Befallen_Soul87 wrote:I'm going to have to get in on this conversation as well. After all, beer is where I got my start in sampling adult beverages.

While I am obviously not as well versed as the rest of you. I do enjoy Rolling Rock (usually with buffalo wings, or on a hot Summer afternoon), Blue Moon, Killian's Irish Red and Smithwick's. There also is a micro brewery near my hometown by the name of Mad Anthony's. They have somewhere around 20 or 30 different beers on tap as well as a selection of Seasonal Brews.

You need to start drinking craft beer, definitely checkout Mad Anthony's.
Cheers!
Wasatch

Unread postby Befallen_Soul87 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:09 pm

I've had a few craft beers in the last several months. None that I was too crazy over. Possibly due to them sitting on the shelf too long in the store causing them to turn skunky. Although I will say that Mad Anthony's Octobeer (Ocktober Fest Marzen Style) and Hairy Bawls (Stout, also my favorite. I prefer darker brews.) are both very drinkable choices.
Befallen_Soul87

PreviousNext

Return to What Ales You