Do I like beer?

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

Do I like beer?

Unread postby Mike » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:35 pm

Does a bear shit in the woods?

One of my bestest friends came over this PM and we had some beer and some bourbon. We started out with a Dogfish Head Aprihop India Pale Ale. It is highly hopped as all IPAs are and had just a blush of apricots to add to the interest. Gee, that is some tasty beer.

Then we moved to a different..........but a favorite beer of both of us. That would be McEwan's Scottish Ale. A dark, sweet, complex, high gravity beer that is so rich and satisfying that it is remarkable. It is like a full meal in a bottle.

Has anyone else tried McEwan's? It will take you directly into next week.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Brewer » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:38 pm

Mike,

I've had McEwan's and find it a bit too sweet for my taste. But, it is a quality beer, which I find to be a good representative of its style. Unfortunately, it's just not one of my favorite styles.
Bob
Brewer

Re: Do I like beer?

Unread postby BulleitBob » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:18 pm

If you ever get to Boston, check out the Crossroads tavern. Back in 1997, I used to get my 'hot' dinners there. I was on a per diem, and they always had a nice hot meal under $10. I usually washed it down with a pitcher of McEwans Scotch Ale and my total bill was about $20.

Recently, I sat down with some Sierra Nevada Wet Hop Ale. A very nice beer. Make me wonder why I used to dry my hops out back in Colorado. Yep, they just pop in the fresh hops, shipped overnight from Oregon.

Picked up an interesting selection of brew from the Keg Liquors(IN); and it's a weekend!
I naturally picked up some of that (North Coast?)Rasputin. A buzz in every bottle!
BulleitBob

Return to What Ales You