Sierra Neveda Porter

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer! Talk about brews you've liked or disliked here.

Moderator: Squire

Sierra Neveda Porter

Unread postby Mike » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:23 pm

Ladies and gents, let's not let the beer forum die........beer is way older than whiskey.

Now, I know you wanted to know what beer I had with my lunch today, so I will tell you. It was a SN Porter. I have friends who prefer other Porters over this one, but what do they know?

To my palate SNP sits perfectly astride the sweetness of its malt and the sharp bitterness of its roasted barley. It has nice balance and flavor. I have liked this beer for a number of years.

Try some SNP and see do you like her! Have it with some beef..........roast beef or a steak. It will make you smack yo lips and howl at the moon........even if the moon ain't even out!

Thank you for your beer support, y'all.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Mark » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:34 pm

I'm not a giant fan of porters, still to this day. I have grown to accept them moreso than some years ago but the SN porter is a good one in my book and definitely goes well with a nice thick juicy steak. Now excuse me while i go fire up the grill and hit my local distributer! lol
-=_Mark_=-
Mark
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Unread postby Mike » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:42 pm

Mark wrote:I'm not a giant fan of porters, still to this day. I have grown to accept them moreso than some years ago but the SN porter is a good one in my book and definitely goes well with a nice thick juicy steak. Now excuse me while i go fire up the grill and hit my local distributer! lol

Bless you my son, and your wife, and your son, and your momma, and your daddy, and your wife's momma, and your wife's daddy, and your daddy's daddy and..........
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Brewer » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:36 pm

Basically, anything brewed by Sierra Nevada is good, if not excellent, in my book, and this definitely includes their porter. I think another excellent, and inexpensive porter, is the one made by Yuenling. BTW, they (Yuenling) is also the oldest beer brewery in the US. Their porter is my favorite, amongst a variety of good beers.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby JH » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:47 pm

Anchor Porter is my favorite, leaning more towards a Russian Imperial Stout, IMO. "Big & hearty", but I only drink it in the fall/winter as I like a lighter beer in th ewarm weather.
JH

Return to What Ales You