Scotch and Peanut Liquor A Edinburg Express

Love bourbon but still enjoy an occasional foreign whisky pour as well? Discuss some of your favorites here.

Moderator: Squire

Scotch and Peanut Liquor A Edinburg Express

Unread postby Kinsey Worker » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 pm

When I worked for Publicker they made a Liquor made with peanuts called Peanut Lolita and their Bar Tender School made a drink Called "Endinburg Express" the recipy was on the Back of each Bolttle of Peanut Lolita and it was 1 & 1/2 shots of Scotch and 1 Shot of Peanut Lolita! I am lucky enough to own many cases of Peanut Lolita and No one makes a peanut Liquor we were the only Company to make a peanut Liquor that I know of.

It is one of my Favorites be it just the cheap modern version of Inver House or a better Scotch it is one of my all time favorite drinks! I just got done having one for Old Times and I very much enjoy some Scotch for a change of pace. my liking of Scotch comes from the fact that it was Continental Distilling under Mr Simon Neuman that made Scotch something the regular Working person could Aford. Our Inver House became one of our all time sellers and while Mr Neuman Lived people were able to get all kinds of Great Scotchs at great prices.

It was also Mr Neumans Idea to petition the Government to let them send used Bourbon Barrels to Scotland to be used for scotch after we asked so did everyone to be on the Bandwagon to do it!

I hope that someday someone will make a Peanut Liquor as it is one of my favorite Mixes for Scotch And Bourbon and Peanut Lolita is made with Bourbon!
Dave Z
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Inver House Scotch Soft As A Kiss
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kinsey Worker

Re: Scotch and Peanut Liquor A Edinburg Express

Unread postby Frank B » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:25 am

Dave Z,

I have stumbled upon a bottle of Peanut Lolita in my Grand parents bar. The label looks like it is from the 50's of 60's and still about 90% full. I started researching what this stuff was and eventually came across your post. I hope you are still active on this BourbonEnthusiast site, seeing how this was 6 years ago. I am now trying the "Endinburg Express" drink and I like it very much. I also tried the "Brown Bomber" (.5 oz. Peanut Lolita .5 oz. Creme de Cacao 2 oz. Cream) that was named after the fighter Joe Louis because that was his drink of choice. I think it was good but a little too sweet. It could use a little scotch in that drink also.

You stated you had a few cases of Peanut Lolita. If that is still accurate and you are willing, would it be possible to purchase a bottle pf two from you?

I think, if a some company would bring Peanut Lolita back to life, it might become a hit.

Frank B
Frank B

Return to Scotch Whisky