Macallan Lineup

Love bourbon but still enjoy an occasional foreign whisky pour as well? Discuss some of your favorites here.

Moderator: Squire

Macallan Lineup

Unread postby scotchdrinker » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:48 pm

I just heard from a friend of mine that Macallan is changing their whole lineup. That their normal year designations will no longer be on the labels, no years whatsoever. They may still be available in the states for a couple months but they are no longer available in duty free. Have any of you to there heard anything about this? If there is truth to this? Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.
Thank You
scotchdrinker

Re: Macallan Lineup

Unread postby gillmang » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:50 pm

I have not heard this and find this very interesting if true. I too would be interested in any further information.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby scotchdrinker » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:22 pm

I would like to apologize for worrying anyone. I just found out from another source that what I heard was not entirely true. The change in the Macallan line up is actually the new 1824 duty free collection. This will not affect USA expressions! I am not sure about anywhere else but I will find that out and keep you up to date with what I know. Thank you for all your help.
scotchdrinker

Unread postby knadeau1003 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:52 pm

That's interesting to hear that they are doing a line-up specifically for duty-free. It doesn't seem that Macallan is not trying to slow their pace, but more price increases and also with the increase in Glen Rothes sales, yes they buy whisky from Macallan, it will eventually effect the quality of Macallan as a whole. But by going to a whole line of no age statements they will be able to push more product out the door with less money loss on aging and to those drunk angels. Macallan has never been a favorite of mine, but every bottle deserves a review.
knadeau1003

Return to Scotch Whisky