Old Bushmill's Single Malt Single Barrel

Love bourbon but still enjoy an occasional foreign whisky pour as well? Discuss some of your favorites here.

Moderator: Squire

Old Bushmill's Single Malt Single Barrel

Unread postby bourbonv » Sun May 07, 2006 1:26 pm

Name: The Old Bushmill's Distillery Distiller's Reserve Single Malt, Single Barrel

Bottle Information: Cask No: 79000
Bottle No.: 176
Strength: 62.7 ABV
125.4 proof
Selected for Joseph Garneau Visit 24 June 1985

Color: Light Yellow Amber

Nose: Vanilla, honey and floral tones - A little fresh mowed grass or hay and sweet ripe fruit - pears.

Taste: -Very light peat with sweet fruit, honey and vanilla - what is suprising is the lack of alcohol burn in the taste with only a little warmth in the throat.

Finish: Long and sweet with fruit and peat. Very nice balance.

Notes: Very nice drink of whiskey. Very well balanced and pleasing. This makes an excellent drink after a meal with a good smoke.

This is a bottle of Irish whiskey that was donated to the Farnsley-Kaufman House Auction a few years ago by Brown-Forman. It had been sitting in their supply closet for about 17 years. I purchased it for $40.00 since nobody bid against me and that was my opening bid. There is no age statement but Chris Morris thought it might be 10 years old. It is had to tell since even single malt, single barrel whiskey from Ireland or Scotland can use caramel coloring to darken the whiskey.

Mike Veach
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to Scotch Whisky