Desert Island - Scotch

Love bourbon but still enjoy an occasional foreign whisky pour as well? Discuss some of your favorites here.

Moderator: Squire

Desert Island - Scotch

Unread postby Mike » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:21 am

On the bourbon forum we have a 'Desert Island' choice going. In that forum, Art L mentioned something about the Scotchs he would take, so here is his chance to take some Scotch to that self-same DI with the self-same rules, but 'cept it's Scotch now.

My seven are (bear in mind that I don't drink Scotch like I used to and know even less about Scotch than I do about Bourbon).

SINGLE MALTS
Macallan 18 YO Grand Reserva
Lagavulin 16 YO
Abelour a'bunadh
Ardbeg Uigeadail
Balvenie 21 YO

BLENDS
Johnny Walker Black
Famous Grouse

COGNAC (I know, I know.....but I need this along too. If I have to give something up I will give up the Famous Grouse to keep the Cognac)
Pierre Ferrand Selection des Anges (a fantastic spirit that I always have on hand so how could I go to a desert island without it?)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby Brewer » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:49 pm

Mike,

IMA gonna go with mostly Islay Single Malts...

Laphroaig 10 Year Old & Cask Strength
Lagavulin 16 YO
Bowmore 21 YO & Cask Strength
Bruichladdich 1970

Gotta remember other regions though...
Springbank - any
Talisker 10 YO
Macallan 18 YO

Good stuff!
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Art L » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:50 pm

I've actually been drinking a lot of bourbon and rye recently but my scotch bunker is pretty well stocked as I just got an excellent early Christmas present: a Bruichladdich 17 :D I plan on saving it until my party on Saturday night but it's going to be tough as I think I can hear it calling my name... anyway, here's my list for that desert island that's luckily stocked with scotch. I think I'll once again go in an order of how I might drink them, from lightest to nastiest!

1. Compass Box Asyla (a very nice blend)
2. Talisker 18 (probably my favorite, if I'm forced to chose)
3. Highland Park 18
4. Bruichladdich 20 (Flirtation) (but that might change depending how the 17 does!)
5. Compass Box Eleuthera (an interesting blend that begins to bring on the peat!)
6. Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength
7. Caol Ila 25 (I stole this one from Mike K, what a great whisky, it's too bad it costs so darn much!)

Thanks for starting this post Mike, I can hardly wait to open up some bottles now!
Art L

Unread postby bunghole » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:14 pm

ima'd rather have an ice cold COORS!

Thank You.
bunghole

Return to Scotch Whisky