TTT Trinidads!

Fire one up and talk about your favorite smokes here.

Moderator: Squire

TTT Trinidads!

Unread postby bunghole » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:07 pm

Just luv 'em!

Not the very expensive (illegal - contraband) Havana Trinidads, but rather the very legal, and also expensive TTT Trinidads from the Republica de Dominica!

ima just loves these sticks!

Smoke up! - Great Smokes!

Bling Bling! tobacco

Ha!

Linn - :smilecigar:
bunghole

Unread postby sevenmag » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:46 pm

For some reason, I just don't like these.

There's no doubt they're top quality all the way 'round. Great looking, very well made and everyone of them I've smoked has been a pleasure except for the flavor.

I kills me because I want to like em. They're everything I ususally like in a cigar. Bold, fairly powerful and loaded with flavor. It's just a profile I'm not crazy about.
sevenmag

Unread postby bunghole » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:44 pm

I wouldn't worry about it, Todd.

Different Smokes For Different Folks!

I don't care for the very expensive and hard to get Havana Trinidads. They are good smokes, but overpriced.

I just think the Dominican TTT Trinidads are better smoking, and slightly cheaper than smuggled Havanas.

:smilecigar: ima gonna smoke one now! :smilecigar:
bunghole

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:46 pm

Hey Linn,
PM me your mailing address. I just got a box of Costa Rican Puros that I think are pretty good. I'll send you a couple to try.
Joe :)
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bunghole » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:55 am

PM Sent! :thumbright: :notworthy: :sunny:
bunghole

TTT-the expensive kind

Unread postby bourbonguyjapan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:17 pm

I bought 3 of these when my son was born. One for my two friends and one for myself. At that time my friends took care of the whiskey (Laphroic) and I supplied the stooges. Expensive yes! Three of those bad boys set me back around $50. I live in Japan though, so I am used to paying to much for everything anyway.
Back on topic...The best cigar I have had to date. I have tried many of the cuban cigars, and major labels, but the TTT holds a special place.

Frank
bourbonguyjapan

Re: TTT Trinidads!

Unread postby Lamar » Sat May 17, 2008 11:38 pm

The Cuban Trini Double Robusto's from 04 are smoking really nice now. One of my favorite smokes.
Life is as ephemeral as the "Angel's Sip" so enjoy it to the fullest!
Lamar

Unread postby MJL » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:20 am

The TTT are just amazing. The ones made in the Dominican Republic are well constructed, high quality premium cigars; strong in strength, flavorful with overtones of bittersweet chocolate, Cafe' Cubano, molases, peanut butter, Flan with heavily burnt caramel topping (Cuban style) and cream. They are pricey but, in my opinion worthy of the money.

As an aside, I recall being shown a gift package, dating from the late 1970s from then Cuban Minister of Defense Raul Castro to an Argentine diplomat. The package, which came to be owned by a gun collector contained an engraved presentation Soviet Tula made PM, a special pottery type bottle of Rum and a humidor type box of Cuban made TTT Trinidad. Aparently there were special runs of TTT made in Cuba for the people in and around The Beard. These special cigars were also aparently doled out to friends, diplomats and associates.
MJL

Unread postby Wawalsh » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:15 pm

bunghole wrote:Just luv 'em!

Not the very expensive (illegal - contraband) Havana Trinidads, but rather the very legal, and also expensive TTT Trinidads from the Republica de Dominica!

ima just loves these sticks!

Smoke up! - Great Smokes!

Bling Bling! tobacco

Ha!
These cigars are great but not for the faint of heart. They are full bodied cigars that go extremely well with bourbon.
Linn - :smilecigar:
Wawalsh

Return to The Humidor