Corn Whiskey

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Unread postby Brewer » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:09 pm

Mike,

I think its a great idea, and I hope the VW clan gives it a go. It'd be interesting to see what they could do with it.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby Strayed » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:05 am

bourbonv wrote:...If they aged it for 10 or more years, it could be an interesting product and add life to the barrels. Any comments?

I think that if they spent the last 5 of those years heavily promoting corn whiskey they'd have the honor of adding corn whiskey to their growing list of products for which they are generally considered the industry standard. Corn whiskey today is definitely a niche product, and not well-accepted by bourbon enthusiasts. Perhaps for good reason. I love corn whiskey, but I'd never choose one over a good bourbon if I could only choose one. I feel the same way about Canadian whisky. But we have a bottle of Julian's Hirsch Canadian and that's a great whisky. I think your idea of aging straight corn whiskey in used Pappy barrels is outstanding; maybe the best idea I've seen in a long time. If they did that, and also did the promotion it needs, they could create a niche with a demand and basically own it. Some of us believe they've already done that with rye, and maybe even bourbon itself as well.
=JOHN= (the "Jaye" part of "L & J dot com")
http://www.ellenjaye.com
Strayed

Previous

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey