Current Dickel #12

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Current Dickel #12

Unread postby gillmang » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:08 pm

I was most impressed with this bottling, which has a buttery note, some spice, sweetness and very little "vitamins" flavour. This is what good whiskey should be, where one flavour doesn't overwhelm the profile.

I hope Diageo is finally looking closely/has looked at the palate to reach a better balance. Will definitely buy again but hope this is not a fluke bottle. This is probably the first Dickel I've bought in 3-4 years, so perhaps something changed in the interim.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Re: Current Dickel #12

Unread postby Mike » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:31 pm

I will have to be on the lookout for this, based upon your recommendation, Gary. I have some Dicklel nine year old small batch that lies unused because it does not please me.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby gillmang » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:52 am

I know that bottling and understand why.

This bottle has zero (not a hint) of what I believe you find displeasing. The printed code at the bottom of mine reads L5093R60011409. The number in the bottom right corner of the front label (under "hope you agree") is 003105393769. The final number is the scan code on the back label, 82000 76527

Hopefully another bottle more or less like these numbers will produce the same taste I am getting. I get a rich buttery quality (vanillin), some smoke and menthol, but none of the plasticy vitamin taste almost all bottles showed to my taste in the past. Now I will be the first to acknowledge that obviously many liked Dickel just as it came and that's fine for them. If you mix it too, which most will do, the flavour differences aren't apparent. But this one I've got now is a different story consumed neat IMO.

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Tue May 02, 2017 10:32 am

I always liked Dickel 12, in any form.
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey