Jack Daniels 90 proof dusties

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Jack Daniels 90 proof dusties

Unread postby drinkdrankdrunk » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:11 am

I recently picked up a 150th Anniversary Jack 90 proof and a 1904 Saint Louis Gold Medal 90 proof bottlling (FOR CONSUMING) in my hunt for bourbon dusties. I don't usually stray from the bourbons, but these came in very attractive 90 PROOF collectible packages, and looked lonely on the shelf. Do the special 90 proof offerings from JD offer a better taste profile? I'm ignorant on Tennessee whiskies. Please tell me I didn't waste my money. About $45 for the 2. Thanks - Don
drinkdrankdrunk

Re: Jack Daniels 90 proof dusties

Unread postby drinkdrankdrunk » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:56 pm

That's exactly what my wife said. "Those bottles sure are pretty." They will make a good collectible and look nice on the shelf. At 10% higher proof and nicer package, I feel like I got a better deal, considering they were the same price as the regular stuff. I wouldn't buy a bottle of regular Jack, unless of course that was all they had and it was the last store for miles around, and my very survival was dependant on consuming whiskey of any kind. Thanks Jeff, and it's good to know you are still alive.
drinkdrankdrunk

Re: Jack Daniels 90 proof dusties

Unread postby BostonEnthusiast » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:52 pm

I traded a full new bottle of JD for a neighbor's half-bottle of fake-tax-strip 90 proof. Smoother and a touch more flavorful than current JD (and missing today's banana and acetone notes) but not otherwise remarkable.
BostonEnthusiast

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey