Red Hook Rye #4

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Red Hook Rye #4

Unread postby tlsmothers » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:56 am

Hey, pals! I'm eagerly awaiting barrel #4 to arrive. It's been ages since I posted and had a moment to read the forum. Just browsing around a sec tonight to feel a tad human again.

You prolly already realize the stash of whiskey available for private bottlings such as the RHR has pretty much been depleted. I've got at least one more barrel lined up, and possibly just one more after that if it passes our test. Red Hook Rye #5 or #6 might just have to be a white dog from a new still in Kentucky. :wink:
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby cowdery » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:35 pm

For those of you who don't know LeNell, because she hasn't been around much, let me just say pay attention when she does speak, because she knows her stuff, you can trust her, and she does consistently exciting things with American whiskey at retail.
- Chuck Cowdery

Author of Bourbon, Straight
cowdery

Unread postby tlsmothers » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:03 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Chuck. I feel like a robot these days, just processing paperwork, paying bills, bookkeeping, blah blah...good to hear kind words.

I had lunch with Drew Kulsveen recently who informed me that the stash of rye barrels that many of us have pulled from for private bottlings (my Red Hook Rye, Black Maple Hill, Willet, etc) has pretty much been depleted. He's got some whiskey in tank but the warehouse is emptied out. Mike V., Brenda, and the Lippmans may remember when we were in the warehouse picking out barrel 2 of Red Hook Rye, there were a few barrels on the ground that had fallen out of the ricks. Well, those are tapped now, too. Sad to see it all go...but the positive side is that the Kulsveens will be distilling soon and although we gotta wait many, many years for that kinda whiskey aged stock, we'll have a new distillery to work with and an exciting new day in Kentucky when that still is fired up. The family has been working slowly but surely in getting their equipment ready to go. Will this be the year the fire is lit? Hmmmmm.....I'm thirsty for white dog. Red Hook Rye white dog....at least it'll be a lot cheaper and could be quite amazing to watch whiskey age from year to year, like seeing your kid grow up.
:D
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Re: Red Hook Rye #4

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:38 pm

tlsmothers wrote:Hey, pals! I'm eagerly awaiting barrel #4 to arrive. :wink:

LeNell,
If its anything like your second barrel you'll have a real winner. :!:
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Unread postby bourbonv » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:49 pm

LeNell,
It is always good to hear from you, but when you bring another rye to the table it is even better! I love your ryes, but have you ever considered a bourbon?
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey