Red Hook Rye

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Red Hook Rye

Unread postby bourbonv » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:34 pm

I received a bottle of LeNell's Red Hook Rye from UPS yesterday. When Mark gets the information up, I will do a review.

I was lucky enough to be one of the people LeNell and Ben asked to come along and pick a barrel for her to bottle. It was a great day spent with Drew at Kentucky Bourbon Distillers and I remember picking a very nice rye. I personally do not care for a lot of wood dryness that tends to come from whiskey aged over 15 years. If I remember right, that is what sold me on this particular barrel - it had a nice balance of wood and other flavors. I am looking forward to opening the bottle and doing the review.

Thanks for sending the bottle LeNell. I hope you and Ben have a big hit on your hands that forces you to come to Kentucky often to pick more barrels. Have a good Holiday and thanks again for the bottle.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby Bourbon Joe » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:42 pm

I called LeNell today and got my bottles. I'm going to have a future tasting of the Red Hook, Willett's and Rittenhouse 21.
Joe
Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

Bourbon, It's cheaper than therapy!
Bourbon Joe
Erudite Bourbonite
Erudite Bourbonite

Sold Out

Unread postby tlsmothers » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:38 am

Geesh...it's been way too long since I've posted. These 7 day work weeks have taken their toll on my participatiion here so sorry, folks, for being so absent. Squeezed in a few minutes this morning before the store opens. (Reading posts was much more interesting than that pile of paperwork sitting on my desk.)

Mike, John, and Linda...thanks for being a part of that barrel pickin'. It was quite a day! We sold out of the rye in a week...all 228 bottles. Damn! Hello, distilleries?!!!! Wake up! "Nobody drinks rye anymore." :roll:

All my love and the best of whiskey to ya in the coming new year!
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Unread postby bourbonv » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:54 am

So LeNell, does that mean we can expect another trip to Kentucky from you and Ben? I sure hope so.
Mike Veach
"Our people live almost exclusively on whiskey" - E H Taylor, Jr. 25 April 1873
bourbonv

Unread postby tlsmothers » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:21 pm

Gosh darn do I need a vacation! What keeps me going right now is daydreaming of a dusty ole rick house! ha ha Here's to a trip in 2007! :thumbright:

Happy Hoildays to all of y'all!
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey