Old Potrero Whiskeys in San Diego

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Old Potrero Whiskeys in San Diego

Unread postby kystraightbourbon » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:48 pm

I'm travelling to San Diego this weekend for an all week conference. I'll be staying at Paradise Point, which is near Mission Beach. Does anyone know any bars near there that serve Potrero, or any stores nearby that have it for sale? We don't have it here in Michigan and I figured if I could get a chance to try it or acquire some, I would.

Thanks!
kystraightbourbon

Unread postby Mike » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:54 pm

Ken, did you find any Old Potrero and, if so, what do you think?
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

No Old Potrero

Unread postby kystraightbourbon » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:22 pm

Mike,

Didn't find any unfortunately. I went to some pretty upscale bars that I thought would carry it, but they'd never even heard of it. Talk about their suprise when I told them it was a product of Anchor brewing in San Francisco. A few even said that rye whiskeys were an eastern thing. I was told by one bartender of a few stores where I might buy it, but I expet it's pretty expensive and I knew I wouldn't finish it in a week. I didn't want to trust it to my check-in luggage and there's no way they'd let me take it on the plane.

Thanks for asking,

Ken
kystraightbourbon

Unread postby Mike » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:56 pm

Ken, if you have not tried it and want to, PM me your address and I will send you a 50ml (and, if I am in a generous mood two 50 ml) bottle. I have the one year old.........but I think enough of it to recommend it.

If you prefer I can buy a bottle for you of the Two YO stuff (about $65 last time I looked) and send that to you.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey