Isaiah Morgan

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Isaiah Morgan

Unread postby tlsmothers » Wed May 03, 2006 2:58 am

On the way back from the Kentucky Bourbon Sampler, we stopped by Summersville, West Virginia to meet the folks at the Isaiah Morgan Distillery/Kirkwood Winery. As we checked into our hotel, the clerk gave us the bad news that the distiller Rodney Facemire had just passed away. We were deeply saddened to hear this news and paid our respects the next day. I hope to hear from Shirley Morris, the executor of Mr. Facemire's estate, as to any charities that may be accepting donations in his name. In the meantime, we're donating to the Oscar Getz Museum in his honor and letting his family know how much we appreciate all that they have done to inspire craft distillation.

Isaiah Morgan is a mighty fine rye white dog. The Distillery has some rye in barrel with hopes of releasing a straight rye some day. Once the family and Mr. Morris get a bit settled from this unfortunate loss, we hope to work out plans to get some of their whiskey to New York for sale in my shop. Mr. Morris and I loved this idea to help them with cash flow as well as providing a great product to my customers that we personally enjoy. Mr. Facemire (along with the first WV legal distiller Payton Fireman of Mountain Moonshine) inspired significant changes in West Virginian law to allow such distillers as themselves to operate legally.

Our hearts go out to the Facemire family.
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey