Flavoured Whiskey's

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Flavoured Whiskey's

Unread postby Wasatch » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Anyone else like these? I picked up a few bottles, some Evan Williams and Bird Dog. I like the sweetness thrown in and the different flavors. They go down easier and I don't have to have coke or ginger ale around, lol Next time I go out canyoneering I'm bringing one of these for those cold cold nights.
Cheers!
Wasatch

Re: Flavoured Whiskey's

Unread postby Trey45 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:55 am

I bought a 50ml bottle of Red Stag "Black Cherry" to try. I've never cared too much for flavored whiskey, and I still don't...
I read it on the internet, it must be true.
Trey45

Unread postby Squire » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:20 pm

It is what it is so drink what you like. We are in fact drinking flavored whisky when we have an Old Fashioned or similar cocktail.
Squire

Unread postby crappie_fisherman » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:41 am

A buddy of mine drinks manhattan's with Red Stag and swears by them!...I mean why not cut right to the chase since you'd have to add cherry juice to bourbon anyway...seems like a perfect match!

I do not mind flavored hooch...in fact I took some of my 100 proof white lightening moonshine and mixed up three 40-50 proof flavors...(apple pie, red hot cinnamon and peppermint)...the 40-50 proof versions are much easier for most folks to drink versus the 100 proof corn liquor...I don't mind sweeter stuff either...my likes and tastes are wide and varied...LOL...

When I want a straight drink (which is most of the time)...I'll have a beer or bourbon with 1 ice cube...but flavored stuff doesn't bother me in the least...

Cheers!
Joe.
crappie_fisherman

Unread postby Squire » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:38 pm

Exactly, all cocktails are flavored whisky, it's why they were created in the first place.
Squire

Unread postby charlespe » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Flavored whiskey is not really my thing. But I really liked when i first tasted "Wild Turkey Spiced Bourbon". Has anyone tried this before ?
charlespe

Unread postby whiskey buyer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:21 am

Birddog blackberry is ok.
I have found a Canadian flavored whiskey, Cold Spell, that I like. It is a mint-flavored whiskey listed at 70 proof.
whiskey buyer

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey