Red Stag balck cherry flavored bourbon

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Red Stag balck cherry flavored bourbon

Unread postby Birdo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:48 am

I purchased 4 sample size (50ml) bottles of Red Staq. We tried it by mixing it with Sprite and was it a nice tasting mixed drink! Lots of sweetness and just a hint of bourbon flavor. It would go in the same family as a rum and coke, Captain Morgan and coke, or bourbon and coke. Red Stag is a great way to get bourbon down the throats that might otherwise have mixed drinks made with rum or vodka, and there are plenty of folks like that out there. I think rum and coke has been the best selling mixed drink for like 600 years.

Red stag straight has a bit of a sweet medicinal flavor, and it is clearly designed for mixing with soda pop. My only gripe, if I have one, would be price, this stuff is more expensive than Captain Morgan or Cruzan spiced rum

As a purist, I wouldn't typically drink red stag and sprite, but its nice to have on hand for company.
Birdo

Re: Red Stag balck cherry flavored bourbon

Unread postby Satty Beach » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:37 pm

I think I drank Mt Gay n Coke w/ lime for 100 of those years. Sadly that brand is a shadow of it's former self. Mt Gay and coke dammit and step on it! I'm driving! None of this flavor of the month white chocolate vodka marshmallow CRAP. Now bourbon is going to go down the root beer flavor lemon flavor creme de menthe flavor whiskey road and hey don't forget to put it in a designer bottle (Ed Hardy?). But, YOUR boots on the ground man, for serving it up and educating palates.
Taken the cure.
Satty Beach

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey