Redemption Rye

Talk about Tennessee, American and Rye Whiskey here.

Moderator: Squire

Redemption Rye

Unread postby Mike » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:18 pm

I just love the name of this whiskey! It makes me feel like I am on some kind of soul-saving mission........ when all I really want is a good whiskey. I think this fills the bill rather nicely. It is a 95% rye recipe, 92 proof, and less than 4 years old in new charred barrels. It is softer than I expected, but still full of flavor with the wonderful rye fruitiness and spice. The barrel and the rye sweetners, which are so different in character, are pretty easily discernable on the palate and do not fight, but cooperate to add a lot of interest.

I paid about $23 for this bottle and consider it a gem because it has a surprising delicacy for a pretty much full bore rye whiskey. To my palate this seems to have sweetness akin to that of a malt whiskey, heavier than either rye sweetness (which always has a tang to it) or barrel sweetness (more of the caramel and vanilla) but softer than it is rich.

A very interesting and delicious whiskey in my estimation. One that I will go to often.

If you can get your mitts on a bottle of this whiskey, do so, I don't think you will not be disappointed. Besides, it just may be doing you soul some good.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Return to Non-Bourbon Whiskey