Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameMcKenzie Traditional Bourbon
Bottled ByFinger Lakes Distilling LLC Burdett,New York
TypeBourbon
Alcohol content91 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age0
Views (since 20080612) 20922
Bottling Info

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2068, Created:20120421222301) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Gift from distillery
Info on this bottle:Non-chill filtered
Nose:Vanilla and corn with floral notes of honeysuckle.
Taste:Apple or pear fruit with some bold vanilla and caramel flavors. Some sweet spice and oak notes leading into the finish.
Finish:Long and dry at the beginning, but a sweet vanilla/pear sweetness comes out after a while, combining with the spices of the tannins to make a really good finish.
Overall:This is very different from the barrel sample. I assume the difference in proof and age makes the difference. This bourbon has no age statement so I assume it is 4 years old. The barrel sample was not even three. This bourbon is very good but I wonder what it would be like at 100 proof.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2064, Created:20120404185538)
Purchased at:
Info on this bottle:sample from distillery
Nose:Honeysuckle and caramel with some apple and spice. Very nice nose for a 3 year old bourbon.
Taste:Caramel and apples with some nice spicey notes of nutmeg and allspice. A very nice mouth feel with a little heat but no burn.
Finish:Oak wood tannins give this a nice dry start on the finish, but the sweeter elements come through and last a long time - caramel/vanilla and the candied fruit - berries and a hint of pear.
Overall:This is a barrel proof sample and is full of flavor. I was told they will bottle this at 91 proof, but I do hope they will do some at 100 proof. The flavor is fantastic and I hate to dilute it in any way.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews