Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameParkers Heritage Collection
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content96 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age27
Views (since 20080612) 16534
Bottling Info

Review from KettleOne (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2053, Created:20120229055159, Updated:20120229060053)
Purchased at:Brooklyn, NY
Purchased for:$245
Nose:Heavy nose. The smell betrays the sweet flavor. I smell fruit, more orange than cherry for me. Which is interesting because it has a flavor more like the latter. The bourbon is thick, good legs, and a deep amber.
Taste:The taste is very fruity. Hard to describe but like a deep, dark, dry red wine....with a short rye kick at the end. Others have said cognac. Having never drank cognac I cannot make the comparison so I'll use wine here. The taste is to me dynamic since there is wood, fruit, little leather (a dry, earthy flavor) and a final rye bite. It isn't too sweet, it tastes like a good bourbon.

It tastes old.
Finish:Looong finish. This stuff is so thick that you will taste it even a minute later. Very pleasing. Satisfying.
Overall:I drank a bit of it last night. This bourbon is superb in its own right. Not a whisky face type of bourbon, but a SMOOTH and satisfying sippin' bourbon. The taste is rich and lasting that you don't need to drink a lot of it to be satisfied. To reminisce: it is satisfying in the way ONE filter-less cigarette is better than five filtered, light cigarettes. The overall impression is that this bourbon is sweet, dark and well worth the money. I guess that I was at least 14 when it was barreled...how awesome.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1627, Created:20090713160425) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$181
Info on this bottle:Parker's Heritage Collection
Nose:Deep, dark, thick, and hearty............nuts, leather, oak, unsweetened dark chocolate, tobacco, black cherries, and a whiff of floral elements. Certainly reminiscent of the best Pappy 20 Year Olds. Interesting and inviting.
Taste:Seems a cousin to cognac, but the sweetness comes from dark fruit with, as bunghole noted, some cherry tartness. I also find it a distant cousin to a dark dry red wine. Excellent for someone who likes dry (but not tannic to the point of bitterness) spirits.
Finish:Quite dry, as one would expect. But, it has a hearty subtlety and soft spice that make it very sophisticated in its challenges. Lingering but light in its departure.
Overall:Barely bourbon............still........within the family. This is almost certainly a wheat bourbon and, in my opinion, could be easily mistaken for something from the Pappy line of super aged bourbons. I like it because it retains some very subtle sweetness that seems almost floral, and offers a tart and dry (but not too dry) finish. A bourbon experience of a different order. Would be excellent with beef or lamb, I opine.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bunghole (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1624, Created:20090709163814) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Blind 50ml sample from independant
Purchased for:Brotherhood.
Nose:Color is a very deep amber. Very thick coating viscosity in the Glencairn glass with long slow legs.

Aromas of sweet char, but subdued oak. Chocolate covered cherries and orange slices. Some vanilla along with some light ginger spice layered way back.
Taste:Tart black cherry, and vanilla.
Finish:Semi-sweet, and dry. Light ginger spice with the late arrival of walnuts.
Overall:I was clueless as to what the hell I was tasting. It was a tough test to be sure with just 50 ml and just one shot at tasting notes. With something this old I like to live with it a good two or three days with at least six to ten pours. Nothing about this bourbon says Heaven Hill or Beam at all. In fact this could very easily be a wheated bourbon that Parker Beam did not himself distil. We'll never know the truth, but that's no reason not to enjoy it! Pick up a bottle or two if you can both find it and afford it. You won't be dissappointed. One of the very best extra-aged bourbons that I have tasted. Well done/chosen Parker Beam!

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews