Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameAntique
Bottled ByCummins Collins Distillery(aka. Frankfort) Athertonville,Ky
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content86 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age6
Views (since 20080612) 11527
Bottling InfoFrankfort Distilling Co., Athertonville, Ky
Part of the Seagram Empire

Review from Goldie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2266, Created:20131018000311)
Purchased at:The seedy part of Charleston, SC.
Purchased for:$45 for two half gallon bottles.
Info on this bottle:Frankfort Distilling, Louisville, KY Late 60's early 70's
Nose:Vanilla creme brulee.
Taste:Graham crackers and vanilla. Very balanced and it really coats the tongue well.
Finish:The finish last forever and it is so smooth it leaves me wanting that burn. The taste it leaves is very much like banana pudding and white chocolate.
Overall:I bought two half gallons of this for forty bucks out the door. the tax stamps were so old that they were worn off. I can think of no bourbon to compare it to, maybe a little like Elijah craig. But at only six years old, this must be glut bourbon. My new favorite.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from drinkdrankdrunk (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1584, Created:20090524222613, Updated:20090525082901) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Dallas
Purchased for:$4.99 for a 500ml
Info on this bottle:Frankfort Distilling, ATHERTONVILLE, Ky pre-Medley 1980
Nose:Cinnamon, corn. Bold with a slight alcohol burn in the nose. Maybe I just stuck my big snout to far into the glass. Can't get enough of the aroma.
Taste:Apples and cinnamon. Rich and robust. Full of rye spiciness that dances in harmony with the other flavors. Lots going on here, but balanced to simplicity.
Finish:Won't stop, nope, wait, nope still going. I'll have to get back to you when it quits.
Overall:This is what an 80 proofer could and should be.. It has the fullness of an 86-90 proofer. Dark dark amber color. Kick ass vintage looking bottle w/a train on it. I love trains. Just a beautiful bourbon. I cherish the few pints I have of this. I also have the 1st transition bottle to Owensboro that I will save for a future review.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews