Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameJ. W. Dant
Bottled ByAncient Age Distilling Co. Frankfort,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content100 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Mashbill Infoprobably BT high rye
Age0
Views (since 20080612) 8728
Bottling InfoDSP 113 distilled
Bottled in Bond
This bottling stopped in 1989

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1097, Created:20080601202913, Updated:20090517192551)
Purchased at:Greg Glgerts Bar and Lounge
Purchased for:A kind word
Info on this bottle:79 Dant
Nose:I was expecting a big vanilla note, but it was not there. Shocking almost. Had a corn and ginger hit to it first. There was the standard maple and vanilla, but definitly secondary
Taste:Unique from what I have had. I could taste ginger and some spices I normaly do not taste.
Finish:mid to long and much like the taste. Good, not great
Overall:I am very glad I was able to have some of this, but wold not pick a bottle for myself, but know many that would love it.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from TNbourbon (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 809, Created:20070717171253, Updated:20090517192634)
Purchased at:eBay
Purchased for:c. $90
Info on this bottle:Bottled by The Dant Distilling Company, Dant, Kentucky, Distillery No. 113 (AA/Buffalo Trace?); bottled at Warehouse #36, Gethsemane, Nelson, County, Kentucky (distilled Spring 1953, bottled Fall 1957)
Nose:Pepper-cinnamon spice; the wood presented is cedar, not oak; rich vanilla chases along.
Taste:hot, peppery entry; menthol and leather; very dry very quickly; a hint of citric bitterness at the end.
Finish:Clean, medium-long (try finding any length in a 4yo made today!), burning off the last heat from the peppery spice. It makes a pretty complete pass. When it's done, you're ready to try again, with no lingering after-finish. I like that.
Overall:Pretty big bourbon in a small (age-wise) package. Then again, this is from 50 years ago, not today. I could drink this everyday, frankly (if this bottle were bottomless).
This bottle was sought out to be part of a 50th-birthday celebration -- for both it and me. It was worth the wait.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews