Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameJim Beam White
Bottled ByJames B. Beam Distilling Co. Clermont,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content80 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Available Duty Free: Available Europe: Available
Age4
Views (since 20080612) 57874
Bottling Info

Review from Photoqwest (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2213, Created:20130705212701)
Purchased at:Stater Brothers
Purchased for:$10
Nose:Light corn, vanilla, caramel
Taste:Light sweet taste, light caramel and vanilla, no complexity, light in color and taste
Finish:Short, sweet, all I get is the corn and vanilla, I didn't get any fruit or oak tones, no bite or burn
Overall:Overall it was drinkable, light in taste, lacking the complexity that I like. For $10 though it was not bad.i bought it just to try it. I wouldn't pay more than the $10 that I paid for it.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from karloff (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2129, Created:20121126062716)
Purchased at:Sunderland
Purchased for:18 pounds
Info on this bottle:Gift to myself
Nose:Cardboard is what i can smell with light fruits
Taste:The fruit flows with the honey
Finish:Short but mellow
Overall:Jim is Jim you know what to expect

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bean89 (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2082, Created:20120613233834)
Purchased at:Grocery Store
Purchased for:$14
Info on this bottle:Jim Beam White Label 750ml
Nose:caramel, vanilla
Taste:vanilla, oak
Finish:smooth
Overall:Overall this is a great bourbon. It's great neat, on the rocks, or mixed.

Review from dickelfanaustralia (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2081, Created:20120604222808, Updated:20120909044715) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:
Info on this bottle:VINTAGE MINI. AWESOME.
Proof Of this Bottle:86
Nose:maple syrup, clean, dry smoky pungent wood powder, dampness
Taste:light as a feather, light bodied, clean, earth, wet, pungent powerdy pine smoke, dry, little yeast, citrus, sour. less vanilla
Finish:little menthol, earth, drying. SMOKE POURING OUT MY NOSTRILS.
Overall:if i get a full bottle of this one I be happy. Not the pungent vanila like the modern but has everything else. A mini 80 proof vintage lack the massive smoke but very similer.

Review from dickelfanaustralia (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2077, Created:20120524075159, Updated:20120909044756)
Purchased at:Australia. It's at every store.
Info on this bottle:09-J918 ES
Nose:fresh, vanilla, yeast. light.
Taste:light corn, yeast, vanilla. light bodied. Like new make and the wood just touced it. Has a pungent hit. rough edges
Finish:livily.
Overall:is it me but 700ml look so colored. smaller ones look lighter. there honey seem loose the kick.

Review from Birdo (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2052, Created:20120225102245, Updated:20120229072405)
Purchased at:
Purchased for:Free
Nose:Weak bourbon smell
Taste:Thin, mild taste, nothing very interesting here.
Finish:Short faint finish, not harsh or rough.
Overall:Goes good in coke or sprite, lacks flavor to go neat or on the rocks, definetly NOT Bold as the ad campaign claims. Drank a bunch of it free at the Embassy Suites happy hour. We were at the Embassy suites for 5 nights so there was plenty of time to experience Beam White label. Nice well bourbon for the masses that mix, but not for us here at BE!

Review from Watson Roadster (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2041, Created:20120204212221)
Purchased at:LCBO Grimsby,Ontario
Purchased for:32.95
Info on this bottle:Jim Beam Devil's Cut
Nose:Vanilla...Caramel...Oak...
Taste:More wood tannin's that White Label...And more than Black Label...Vanilla and Caramel in behind...Cinnamon behind that...
Finish:Oak then a lingering mixture of oak with caramel,vanilla,and,cinnamon (very reminiscent of Maker's 46,by the way...)There's some heat from the increased alcohol,but not as much as one would think.It's is dry but it lingers about the same as Black...
Overall:I included this Devil's Cut review in the Jim Beam White Label section because I was comparing the two this evening.In hindsight,this would have been better up against Jim Beam Black.I was worried about this offering because I've heared mixed reviews about it...I'm happy to report this is pretty good stuff!!!

How to describe it????

It's like Jim Beam Black but higher on the wood tannins and slightly less on the vanilla and caramel...In otherwords,it's the same whiskey but in a slightly different direction.All of that with a 90 proof kick!!!It's definately Beam Whiskey because it has that yeasty thing going on that Beam fans like and only Beam seems to have!Overall,this is pretty good stuff but a bit on the pricey side...If I had my choice,I would take Black over this based on price alone,but this is nice for a change.

Review from Watson Roadster (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1971, Created:20110611042151) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:LCBO...Grimsby,Ontario
Purchased for:$25 and change (CDN)
Info on this bottle:Jim Beam Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Nose:[Olfactory impressions]
A bit of caramel...A bit of vanilla...A bit of corn sweetness..some oak and some barrel char...Abit of brown sugar in this bottle...
Taste:[Description of the initial taste impression]
Standard Beam...Vanilla.Caramel hints with corm sweetness...Oak and barrel char
Finish:[Description of the lingering taste impression]
Not long...But not bad!Same as the taste...A hint of vanilla and caramel with corn sweetness,oak and barrel char...
Overall:[Overall impression of this bottling]

I must admit,I am an unabashed Beam fan.The main reason being that it is incredibly consistent.I realize that it is wholly unspectacular,but at this price point,I'm not expecting "spectacular"...It's definately not complex,but there's a reason it's been around so long and it's so ubiquitous...It's good and CHEAP bourbon,folks!Beam White Label get s a bad rap with the bourbon snobs because it's mass produced and becuase it's so popular.But for my money,as an everyday pour,it works perfectly!

Review from Satty Beach (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1954, Created:20110416093440, Updated:20110416093608) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:winn-dixie
Purchased for:$14 x 750
Info on this bottle:4 y/o sour mash str8 Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey
Nose:Lite corn, tannin and citrus
Taste:Corn, slight lemon
Finish:short
Overall:Revisited this label what I drank for many moons and it was exactly as I remember it. EXACTLY. Simple, honest, undemanding whiskey. No unwanted tastes, no metallic or medicine taste. Very clean tasting. A smoother whiskey would be lost in mixers which makes this THE bourbon coke, bourbon 7up whiskey IMHO. Neat it's OK, it's just one dimensional, which has it's own merits. For education purposes this is a MUST DRINK for comparison/palate resetting exercises. A solid {B} at this price point.

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1787, Created:20100104191111)
Purchased at:eBay as part of a large lot of minis
Purchased for:About $1 or a little less
Info on this bottle:1/10th pint from the 60s
Nose:Little citrus and some light corn. There is a nice sweetness to this juice. After sitting open a while the char and touches of oak arrive. Really a nice nose on this old beam
Taste:Smooth with touches of citrus and corn like the nose, but there is some soft caramel as well here. You can tell it is a 5 yr bourbon, but it does not have any harsh overtones. Very nice again.
Finish:The finish reflects the nose and the taste. About 15 seconds in I can feel some of the youth when it moves between flavors??? but again, very nice sipper.
Overall:It is easy to see how folks could have become a Beam White fan back in the days. This is very similar to the Beam Black 8 yr in texture in flavors with a little less depth. I ended up with about 20 Beam white 1/10th pints from the 70s and 80s from an auction??? These will be fun to share with folks.

Review from bradlikesbrew (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1689, Created:20090914143245)
Purchased at:
Nose:Caramel, maybe honey. Not much here...
Taste:Caramel, corn, a little spice. Not much depth, light and simple.
Finish:Nope.
Overall:Honestly, when I sat down to review this, I figured it would be total shit. I was wrong. Jim Beam may be mass produced, but it is cheap. It may not have much flavor, but it doesn't taste bad. It is not great bourbon and I wish more people would take a chance and try something else, but you do know what you are getting with Beam and I suppose there is something to be said for consistency.

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1423, Created:20090111140323) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:ebay
Purchased for:$20 including shipping
Info on this bottle:100 month two horse decanter
Nose:Talk about WOW. I could not believe thsi was Beam. It was deep, rich aged and smooth. The color was darker than the 10 RHFs by a lot - perfect color
Taste:Rich tones of Vanilla, cream and some mellow blends of oak and light leather.
Finish:Like the old Crow, full and lasting with a perfect blend of tastes
Overall:I must have picked up the decanter 20 times to look at it in dismay... Holy caw it was good. You could have blinded me on this and I would have never guessed beam. To rich, balanced and yummy.... I want another..

Review from bvscfanatic (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1379, Created:20081205093737, Updated:20081205094024) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:CVS, Ashland, KY
Purchased for:$25/half-gallon if memory serves
Info on this bottle:Jim Beam white label
Nose:white oak and vanilla
Taste:Very young tasting, dry, vanilla with a faint hint of orange or kumquat
Finish:faint corn
Overall:I prefer higher proof bourbons, and this one is at least two years too young for my taste. There are cheaper bourbons FAR more pleasing to MY palate. l vote against the masses who buy Beam over all other bourbons (nothing new). I might buy it again IF it were the last whiskey left on earth.

Review from BuffaloBill (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1205, Created:20080726055808)
Purchased at:Portsmouth, NH (Wentworth-By-The-Sea)
Purchased for:$0
Info on this bottle:Beam White Label
Nose:Light caramel, corn, and vanilla.
Taste:Sweet, light caramel and vanilla. Simple bourbon with balance.
Finish:Finish? What finish... ? It is what it is...
Overall:My comments are identical to Spun (see above). It was the only Bourbon in this place, go figure... at a fundraising event? The bartender poured me a double on ice for no charge. It was drinkable - and if it were the last Bourbon on earth I'd settle for it, but it would have to be the last. Then again, I'd take it any day over Old Grand Dad, but not Old Forester 86. It would be a toss-up between Wild Turkey 80. Such is life... BB

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 927, Created:20071126222603)
Purchased at:Hilton Salt Lake City
Purchased for:Free :o)
Info on this bottle:Many times in many places
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:Light caramel, vanilla and something...
Taste:No burn, sweet, light caramel and vanilla...
Finish:short... over as fast as the sip is consumed
Overall:It was worth what I paid for it (this time). I have had this on a few airplanes and decided that if this is what they had, I would do without...

... but tonight... it was not bad

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews