Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameParkers Heritage Collection
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content122.6 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Views (since 20080612) 25869
Bottling InfoPhoto courtesy of Tim Sousley

Barrel Proof

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1681, Created:20090911164533, Updated:20090911164833)
Purchased at:
Nose:And I tell you that the nose of this boy is thick, would you know what I mean? And I tell you that the nose of this boy is rich, would you know what I mean? And I tell you that the nose of this boy is complex, would you know what I mean? And I tell you that the nose of this boy is strong, but not aggressive, would you know what I mean? And I tell you that the nose of this boy is deep, would you know what I mean?
Taste:As good as the nose in its thick, rich, complex, strong, and deep flavors. Know what I mean?
Finish:Long, lasting, lingering, lovely...........it owns you!
Overall:God said, 'Let there be bourbons!', and it was good..............Then He said, 'Let there be some OTHER bourbons!', and it was better. Children of the Spirit, this is an OTHER bourbon.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bunghole (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1401, Created:20081224155136, Updated:20081224155356) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:
Purchased for:Christmas Present From Mike
Nose:BIG nose that is tightly complex. A splash of water to open brings out vanilla; butterscotch, and pralines on top. Muted clementines. Subdued charred oak. A very lively nose that dances!
Taste:The candy tones of the nose dance right out of the glass and into your mouth. Here the pecan nuttyness of the pralines are the stars. Oak steps up a notch. The sweet citrus element of the clementines is still muted, but very present.
Finish:Outstanding! Nutty sweetness in a semi-drying oaken decay that is long and silken.
Overall:The color of this bourbon is a very deep amber. The Pure Glass was used for this review.

This bourbon is striking in every way. The finish is especially reminiscent of an old gold wax Maker's Mark decanter that I believe was 101 proof. Parker's is worthy of every Bourbon Enthusiast's rapt attention. Merry Christmas indeed!

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1358, Created:20081117154918) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Sigman Spirits, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$89
Nose:Dense, lively vanilla and rye fruitiness with oak, leather, dark chocolate, and tobacco peaking out. The alcohol throbs in the background. Compelling and seductive nose!
Taste:A little sip blasts in like the first chinook of winter.......sharp enough to bring on a shudder.......but bracing and clean. There is deep sweetness and sassy spice slicing intensely across the front of the mouth. A ripping good bourbon.........a little water tames this tiger's temperment!
Finish:The finish is as dry as the autumn leaves, causing the sweetness and, even the rye spice, to pause and catch their breath.......it bothers me not. I have come to enjoy dry bourbons, especially when they are rich in other treasures too.
Overall:I suspect many will find this expression of Parker's a bit too much on the dry side, but this old fart is pretty dry his own self, so me and Parker's are buddies. I really admire Master Distillers and Whiskey Men!

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1136, Created:20080613191437, Updated:20080613191508)
Purchased at:Heaven Hill Visitor's Center
Purchased for:Gift from the distillery
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Proof Of this Bottle:122
Nose:Ripe apples and cherries with caramel and fine leather, with just a hint of spice.
Taste:Sweet caramel and fruit - very ripe apple and cherries with fine leather and a hint of dark pipe tobacco. Just a little oak tannin lying on top.
Finish:Sweet and long with oak wood and caramel trying to overpower the fruit, but not quite succeding.
Overall:This is a great bourbon and I do look forward to other expressions. Larry Kass assured me that they will not be all bourbons, but they will meet this quality standard. As long as the quality of the whiskey is the top priority, then I will be happy. Parker knows his whiskey and I trust his taste.

Review from bourbonguyjapan (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1062, Created:20080411071846)
Purchased at:trade
Info on this bottle:standard
Proof Of this Bottle:122.6
Nose:Smoke, oak and a bit more smoke. Hmmm.
Taste:A taste of smoke and slightly sweet with tones of cherry and a little spicy taste too.
Finish:Spicy gives way to a slow and steady end-a good climax that finishes its course and chooses the appropriate segue to depart.
Overall:Hee-haw I want to move to Kentucky and take up the banjo.
Naw, seriously this is great bourbon. My current fav.

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1036, Created:20080307231504)
Purchased at:Trade with Birdman
Purchased for:Trade :o)
Info on this bottle:127.4
Nose:Less must than the 122.6. There is a good amount of smoke and oak. Alcohol is very strong.

Have to add a little ice on this one. There is a hint of of misquite or hickory...
Taste:Strong... really strong on teh alcohol and the smoke. I can taste the hichry in this now. There are some taste of a strong Borollo to me...
Finish:Smoke, smoke and smoked wood. Some oak, but nore hickory. This is going to sound odd, but I taste smoked meat. Good brisket in this one with a Itallian red hint.
Overall:This is a meal in a glass. It really needs some water to open up.

This is good. I do like it at about 100-105 proof. If you start with this one you might be able to go to Stagg, but nothing ligher....

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 983, Created:20080112200728, Updated:20080307225742)
Purchased at:ebay
Purchased for:$85
Nose:caramel apple (granny smith). vanilla and an alcohol ting... there is some oak, but just the right amount... as it opens I get some clove a cedar touches and the vanilla gets stronger.
Taste:Hmm... the first few times I had this I thought it was light.. but tonight is seems very full.

longer it is in my mouth the more I can tell it is high in alcohol....
Finish:alcohol and then oak, vanilla and caramel...

seems to come and go with apple and vanilla... drops to a memory at 60 seconds
Overall:Good. I have had this bottle for a couple of months now and wanted t revisit it a few times before I rated it... It would make a good ~$50 bourbon - $85 is too much...

I prefer the William Laura Weller and the Stagg, but this will get consumed ...

Review from Bourbon Joe (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 896, Created:20071111125319)
Purchased at:New Jersey
Purchased for:84.00
Nose:corn, a little spice. Not much alcohol.
Taste:Sweet front end. Very nice. Very fruity.
Finish:Medium to long. Fruit carrries into the finish. Dries out late.
Overall:An exceptional bottling from Heaven Hill. Nothing in this bourbon hints at it being from Heaven Hill. Very good indeed. Highly recommended. Parker picked a winner here.

Review from TNbourbon (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 874, Created:20071030152848)
Purchased at:Middle America
Purchased for:$84
Nose:Pretty rich caramel. More caramel. A fruitiness -- blackberries or black raspberries. Slightly burnt.
Taste:Touch of berries, then the burnt. Slightly scorched caramel fudge in a thick-bottomed pan. Fair amount of heat -- you'll get that at 122 proof -- but some water doesn't diminish the flavors and pads your bottle.
Finish:The finish is off-tart berries and caramel (no surprise). Medium-long to long. Fair amount of sweetness, an uptick of drying at the end.
Overall:At half the price and regular issues, I could amuse myself quite nicely with this whiskey. Unique, yet familiar. Good stuff.

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 868, Created:20071023154917) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Sent to me by Heaven Hill
Info on this bottle:Sample bottle from distillery
Nose:Sweet caramel and vanilla with ripe apple fruit and a hint of dates and spice - nutmeg.
Taste:Apples and caramel with lots of wood tannins. Lots of warmth but no real burn from the alcohol with a rich fruity apple and date flavor after the initial burst of wood tannins.
Finish:Starts of with the wood tannis drying the mouth and then gets sweet with caramel and candied apples.
Overall:Larry Kass tells me this is not a wheated bourbon. I still have my doubts - it tastes too much like the Wiliam LaRue Weller and side by side tasting of the two convinces my taste buds that it is a similar whiskey.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews