Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameOld Fitzgerald Prime
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content80 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Mashbill InfoHigher Wheat content than other Bourbons
Views (since 20080612) 19284
Bottling InfoMade from the wheated whiskey mashbill that John Fitzgerald and Pappy Van Winkle established

Review from AndyM (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2337, Created:20150416001827)
Purchased at:Binny's Chicago south loop
Purchased for:$25 (handle)
Nose:Strong vanilla, some floral scents, and a little leather. After airing for a bit it smells like candy corn.
Taste:Pretty sweet and simple. Vanilla, corn, maybe a little fruit and oak. Feels pretty good in the mouth actually, slightly thick with very little burn.
Finish:Vanilla and oak with a little earthiness to it. Pretty short. Entirely inoffensive but nothing special.
Overall:Larceny's a favorite of mine, so naturally this one piqued my interest. It's sweet and smooth throughout (though that's expected from a wheater). Obviously not as smooth or complex as Larceny but it's got a similar flavor overall. Nice sipper, I don't think it will take me too long to finish this bottle...

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1246, Created:20080820190746)
Purchased at:
Nose:Simple light vanilla, little corn, but not bold
Taste:Easy and simple... light vanilla, but no SW butter. there is a little age to it, but overall just a fun sipper
Finish:light oak that drops quick. the vanilla is there for a little while, but then goes away
Overall:Defintily the 2nd class SW next to the BIB. THis was probably better when it was new, but not enought to go buy a bunch...

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 425, Created:20060318081002)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:5.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:Very simple nose - Corn and vanilla with a little leather.
Taste:Very thin and light - caramel apples and corn with a hint of oak.
Finish:Sweet vanilla and hazelnuts - very clean and short.
Overall:Good bourbon for an old fashioned or a whiskey sour.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews