Bottling NameCorner Creek Reserve
Bottled ByKentucky Bourbon Distillers, Ltd. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content88 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Age8
Views (since 20080612) 66988
Bottling Info<From the back of the bottle>

In the tradition of the great wine importers, we at Corner Creek search for the elusive few great barrels of prime aged American whiskey, and offer it to you in this limited bottling of Corner Creek Reserve Bourbon Whiskey.

An exceptional marriage of the finest whear, rye and corn. Aged for 8 years in American oak and smoothed to perfection with Kentucky Limestone water.

Corner Creek is only lightly filtered so that it retains all of it's complex flavor and is bottled in as natural and pure a state as possible. Few other whiskies can claim this.

This 88 proof whiskey was produced under the strict supervision of our master distiller at Corner Creek, Bardstown, KY

Review from gillmang (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2371, Created:20160629122600)
Purchased at:LCBO, Toronto
Purchased for:Approx. $40
Info on this bottle:Current
Nose:Light nose, florals, oak, creosote
Taste:Very pleasant flavour. Complex, on the dry side but not too dry, not corny/immature like one I had a few years ago.
Finish:Like the taste, soft and flowing in the finish
Overall:I thought this was great, I had had a taste of 1792 just before (current bottle) and while it was good, I thought the other much better. The 1792 was oaky and a little awkward, perhaps on rocks or with cold water it would find its balance, but the Corner Creek was perfect on its own.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Drambo (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1907, Created:20101224164134, Updated:20101224164927)
Purchased at:Big J's at Pathmark in Gowanus Brooklyn, NY
Purchased for:$21.95
Info on this bottle:Corner Creek Reserve
Nose:floral, vanilla, nut
Taste:Dry and un-complex. Some vanilla, ginger, oak and nut
Finish:Boring
Overall:It's OK. This has been my least favorite bottle to date. I think I'll try to pick up a bottle from another batch to see if anything's changed. I like getting all worked up when having a dram, and this bottle was nothing special. The bottle and price intrigued me, but thought had less to offer than my Evan Williams Black (which I still like).

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1347, Created:20081110191940) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:
Nose:Rye floral and fruity aroma with decided woodiness and a wee skosh of vanilla make for a lively nose.
Taste:Much as the nose foretold, there is some rye fruitiness and spice following on a soft sweetness. This bourbon is very, very dry............but not, to my taste, too tannic to enjoy.
Finish:Moderately long and heavily in debt to the rye and oak.
Overall:Although I, almost alone among the reviewers of this bourbon, enjoy this bourbon, my inclination is to have this bourbon with a thick steak, which I believe will complement the steak flavors nicely. It would also work well with pork. My opinion is that its best qualities are realized while being served with meat. I will try this theory shortly and will be much surprised if I am wrong about this.

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 931, Created:20071202192311)
Purchased at:Frys, Tucson arizna
Purchased for:was 22, now is $12.99
Info on this bottle:750 ml
Proof Of this Bottle:88
Nose:Wet oak (fresh like you shaved an oak tree bark) a little vanilla and something floral. I cannot put my mind on it yet what type of floral smell
Taste:Dry... a little oak, a little vanilla, and walnuts, but old dried walnuts not fresh... nothing to write home about
Finish:Short... 30 seconds of taste and then the feeling of alcohol only.
0-15 seconds a little burn a little butterscotch/vanilla
15-30 seconds leaves the taste of a ponderosa pine wood chip in my mouth (I use to cut a lot of firewood...)
Overall:O.K., but not overly good. I have had this bottle a while and I remember not being impressed by it. The cost when down to bout 50% of the sale price I bought it for a while back (original was $27, I paid $22, it is now $12.99).

Probably will stay on my shelf a very long time.... so many other things I would rather drink

Review from Kendall (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 835, Created:20070910152436, Updated:20070912171952)
Purchased at:Central Liquors, Richmond Ky.
Purchased for:20.95 /750ml
Info on this bottle:Corner Creek Resrve Bourbon Whisky
Nose:flowery, warm brownies
Taste:listerene,asrtingent, (as previously mentioned).
Finish:better than the taste, is over fast
Overall:I wish I could return this.
Anyone want this bottle?
I tried this again tonight(9/12/07) several different ways, I am sorry to say my opinion has not changed.

Review from Kendall (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 834, Created:20070910151259)
Purchased at:Central Liquors, Richmond Ky.
Purchased for:20.95 /750ml
Info on this bottle:Corner Creek Resrve Bourbon Whisky
Nose:
Taste:[Description of the initial taste impression]
Finish:[Description of the lingering taste impression]
Overall:[Overall impression of this bottling]

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 754, Created:20070428135710) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Honey Creek Package Store, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$28
Info on this bottle:Corner Creek Reserve
Nose:A warm wood, nut, corn, leather combo with an aroma of a hank of wild flowers pulled up by the roots. Earthiness with the dry wood and vanilla leads me to think this bourbon is much older than the advertised 8 years. It is a nose that I find quite inviting, leading me toward the first sip.
Taste:The entry is a dry attack with only a soft sweetness. Spice and pepper rap tap tap at mid-palate, while the dryness continues across the whole of the mouth. A little rich viscous mouthfeel slips in toward the back of the mouth.
Finish:The finish continues to accentuate the dry theme of Corner Creek, allowing a little sweetness to drift in almost as an afterthought.
Overall:I am surprised, given how dry this bourbon is and that it seems to lack complexity, that I enjoy it as much as I do. It may be because it deigns to make up its own rules and defy convention. I would not want to drink it too often, but I will certainly enjoy it when I do go for a sip. Somewhat unusual..........

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 376, Created:20060311074246)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:6.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Nose:Very yeasty with some floral tones and vanilla.
Taste:Very grainy with yeast and a little vanilla and oak. A hint of peeper spice and ginger.
Finish:Very dry and astringent wood with only a little vanilla sweetness.
Overall:Try this in an old fashioned or whiskey sour or bourbon and coke.

Review from bpeikes (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 299, Created:20051025224005)
Purchased at:LeNell's
Purchased for:$23
Nose:Complex with rich vanilla, walnuts and butter aromas. Very soft but not too sweet.
Taste:The flavors meld together extrememly well. There's a lot going on for a bottle of bourbon at this price. There is no flavor which distiguishes this from other bourbons, but the I feel that the balance is perfect. Not much fruitiness, mostly vanillas, carmel and walnuts.
Finish:Very smooth with some oak coming through at the end. There is no bitter char flavor, yet it doesn't quite finish sweet either.
Overall:I recommend this to anyone who hasn't had the chance to try it. As with all of the private bottlings, there's no way to know how long it'll be around. It's the bourbon which got me back in to bourbon.

Review from abcgroup (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 262, Created:20050829192346)
Purchased at:McScrooge's (Knoxville, TN)
Purchased for:$25.99
Info on this bottle:Standard bottle
Nose:Deep vanilla and butter scotch...a nice sweet nose, but not too much like candy.
Taste:Ya know, this is a fairly standard bourbon flavor...a little oak, a little butter scotch or caramel. There's nothing really distinct about it. It's not heavy on the rye, no real spice per se. .
Finish:This finishes like a bourbon under 90 proof...smooth as smooth can be. Very little to no burn...the oak comes out more in the finish than in the initial taste.
Overall:Overall, I'd say if you can get this for 20 bucks then go for it. It's better than a few lower end bottles but for $25.99, I can name 1/2 a dozen other bourbons that are better. Again, this is not a bad product, it's just not very stand out at all. This would be a good beginner bourbon, but for someone who drinks regularly, this is the bourbon you order when your only option are Jack and Beam.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews